On the theme of summer recipes, I thought I’d share a dairy-free favourite of mine that we’ve enjoyed long before Kay was born. It’s great on its own but can also be a dip for tortilla chips!
- 1 cup of cooked corn (from grilled corn on the cob if possible for that extra smoky flavour, yum!)
- 1 can of red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 avocado, halved, peeled, pitted and cubed
- 1 tomato, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 1 lime, halved
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper
- In a large bowl, mix together the corn, beans, avocado and tomatoes
- In a separate and smaller bowl, squeeze in the juice of the lime into the olive oil, mix and pour over the salad
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Gently toss the salad
- Serve immediately!