One great thing about having ripe avocados… it’s time to make guacamole! It’s so easy to put together (Kay helps with the mashing), takes only 5 minutes to prep and is a healthy, dairy-free and gluten-free dip for chips.
- 2-3 ripened avocados, peeled and pitted
- 1 lime, halved
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- salt and pepper
- 1/4 tomato, diced (optional, my child avoids the tomatoes)
- In a medium bowl, mash the avocados with a fork
- Stir in minced garlic
- Squeeze in the lime juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Mix thoroughly
- Garnish with diced tomatoes
- Immediately dip in tortilla chips!
photo credit : RC2 Films